There are several different definitions of an Angel:
Cute little pudgy people with wings
Guardian Angels
(I'm pretty sure my Guardian Angel does this A LOT)
The Angel Moroni (my personal favorite)
These definitions are all pretty good (okay, maybe not the VS model), but to me, with the exception of Moroni, these are not what true Angels look like.
To me, a true Angels comes in the form of an everyday person. There have been several people in my life who have been an Angel to me. They have come in many different forms. Here are just a few of them.
The form of a Friend, who was there when I needed them. Whether that meant meeting me for a Starbucks date, listening to my pointless dramas, sending me a random text on a day that I really needed it, supporting me through rough times, or even telling me when I am wrong. A true friend is hard to find, so when you find one, hold on to them! I have been blessed with a couple of true friends in my life, and they are just amazing.
The form of a Family Member, who has been there 24/7. Family members are particularly special because they have seen you at your best and your worst. They have been there during your successes and your failures. They have supported you, comforted you, humbled you when needed (unfortunately my family members have had to do that quite often for me). They have taught you what it means to be a family member. They have been there for it all! Yet, miraculously, they still seem to like you?!
The form of a Church Member, who serve without any hesitation. There have been members in the different wards I have been in, who are superheroes. Whether it is a Bishop who will jump through hoops, and go through crazy lengths to help you get your mission papers in; a Young Women's President who made you feel genuinely loved and cared for; or a Priesthood leader who took the time to come and give you a blessing. These people are wonderful examples of what it means to be a true Disciple of Christ. Recently I have had some people come and talk to me about my mission, and tell me a little bit about their own missions. They are encouraging, supportive, and make me even more excited to serve. They have been a huge help in getting me ready for my mission.
Last, but not least, the form of a Random Stranger, who say the kindest things at the best of times. For example, I was at work the other day and it was just a CRAZY day. It felt like anything I touched went wrong; the hours were CRAWLING by; and the vending machine was out of Dr. Pepper. Basically, a recipe for disaster. So I was at the counter, greeting customers, and this cute little old man comes in. I greet him and give him the generic "I'll be with you in just a second" smile. He then calls over to my manager, whose name is Jason and he says "Jason. That young lady you have working for you over there has a Million Dollar smile"!
I was like AAAWWW and Instantly my day was better. It's amazing to see how a small act of kindness can really change your day.
No one brought me a Dr. Pepper..... but I guess you can't have everything! ;)
So to my friends, family members, fellow church members, and kind random strangers; I say THANK YOU for being my Angels!
NEVER hesitate to do something kind for someone, no matter how small or insignificant you may think it is. You never know when your Heavenly Father is going to use you in order to make somebody's day BRIGHTER!
Mosiah 2:17
To reiterate this message, here is Steve Carell and Morgan Freeman.



No comments:
Post a Comment