
The next day I had gathered some of my friends and my family to my house and prepared to open my call. I had been waiting for this for a LONG time! I was nervous, and I had no idea where I was going to go. I wanted to go Foreign, and if I couldn't do that, I wanted to at least learn another language. I was hoping that I would get some sort of feeling, or idea of where I was going to go, but they never came. I thought of a variety of different places where I could be called to. Anywhere from Africa to Kentucky. The funny thing is, that I considered all of these different places, but I can honestly say that I was shocked when I got my call. This was one mission was one that I had NEVER considered.
So I gather my friends and family and I read
PROVO?!?! Yeah, didn't see that one coming! After I read it I looked up, laughed, and said "are you serious?". My friends and family all thought it was funny, none of us could have guessed that one. So the night wore on and I am pretty sure that I said "Provo...okay...I can do that" about 200 times. I think I was just trying to say it over and over again so that it would finally sink in! Well, it didn't. Not until the next day.
I was sitting at church and they announced my call in Sacrament Meeting and I was greeted with all of the WONDERFUL people wishing me good luck and telling me how excited they were for me. Don't get me wrong, I was excited too. I knew that the Lord wanted me at Provo, and so I was gonna go there, but it wasn't the exotic foreign place that I had imagined. As the day went on I thought about my mission, and why I was going. I came to the conclusion that I was going on my mission to serve the Lord. I wasn't going on a mission to go to an exotic place. I wasn't going just so I could learn a second language. I was going to serve my fellow man. As soon as I came to that conclusion I felt such Peace. I knew, right there and then, that the Utah, Provo mission is MY mission. That is where I am supposed to go and share that Gospel. That is where my Heavenly Father wants me. Later that Sunday, I stumbled across a quote that reaffirmed my feelings.
I am so excited for the opportunity to go out and Serve. I am excited to meet people and share the AMAZING gift of the Restored Gospel. I am SUPER excited to go discover the VERY foreign land of Provo, Utah ;) Most of all, I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows how much this means to me, and has given me the opportunity to go and serve him. I am grateful that he puts so many amazing people in my life who will love and support me throughout my mission. The Gospel is true, my friends! Embrace it, love it, live it! You can't go wrong!
Exchange Boise, Idaho for Provo, Utah and this is basically what happened....ENJOY! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GA8PUDh_28

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment